What to Expect During Your Appointment
- Please check in at the Clinic Front Desk and let us know you have arrived for your appointment.
- Then you will walk back to the lab and sign in.
- If we are assisting other patients, you may wait in the NUNM Health Centers reception area. A lab staff member will come and get you when your name comes up. Usual wait times are10-30 minutes.
- We will accept your lab order at that time if you have it with you, or we will pull it from our order file.
- We will either draw your blood or issue you a take home kit, or both.
- You will check out at the Clinic Front Desk, where we will take your payment.
What do I need to bring to my appointment?
Orders, if you have them, and a form of payment.
How much will my tests cost?
Test prices are available on your order form.
When will I get my test results?
Turn-around time varies from one day to four weeks, depending on the test, or panel of tests, ordered by your doctor.
How will I get my test results?
Test results are sent to your doctor. You may obtain a copy from the ordering physician at your return visit, or, if you are an NUNM Health Centers patient, you may sign up for “MyChart”, where some of your lab results can be viewed. Not all lab results are accessible via MyChart. Ask your NUNM provider or the NUNM Health Centers front desk for more “MyChart” information.
Will you bill my insurance company?
You will need to pay for your test(s) at the time of service. At your request, our Clinic billing department can then bill your insurance. If your insurance pays NUNM for the test(s) you will receive a refund check.
What are my payment options?
The NUNM Health Centers accepts cash, local checks and credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover) payments. The NUNM Health Centers will also accept insurance if the tests ordered are pre-authorized.