How do we accept prescriptions?
The NUNM Medicinary will accept prescriptions via fax at 503.827.8460, by telephone at 503.552.1999 or in person. We prefer that Chinese prescriptions be sent via fax and that ND prescriptions be phoned in. Practitioners at NUNM Clinics will send prescriptions via EPIC, but refills must be phoned or faxed in. We currently do not accept prescriptions through this website or via email.
Download the Chinese Medicine Prescription Fax Form.
NUNM Medicinary accepts prescriptions as follows from the following providers; we verify the license of the practitioner on their respective licensing board’s website.
We accept prescriptions from:
- Naturopathic doctors (ND)
- Medical doctors (MD)
- Dentists (DDS)
- Nurse Practitioners (NP)
- Osteopathic doctors (DO)
- Physician assistants (PA)
- Podiatrists (DPM)
We accept select prescriptions from:
- Acupuncturists (LAc) – Chinese herbal prescriptions
- Licensed midwives (LM, CNM) – Herbs, tinctures & homeopathic remedies for midwifery
- Homeopaths (RSHom (NA)) certified by the North American Society of Homeopaths (NASH) – Homeopathic remedies only
- Veterinarians (DVM) – Prescriptions for animals
- Chiropractor (DC) – Finished products only
We do not accept prescriptions from:
- Registered nurses (RN)
- Massage therapists (LMT)
Prescriptions may be written for anything the NUNM Medicinary carries, however, prescriptions are required for the following.
- Compounded products, meaning anything mixed, weighed, counted or measured.
- Combination tinctures, teas, bulk capsules, essential oils, etc.
- Other products: low–dose botanical tinctures and teas, homeopathic remedies above 200C and a few at any potency, hormonal products (DHEA, Pregnenolone, Progesterone) and Vitamin A as an emulsion and in suppositories.
- Brands: Standard Process and Restorative Formulations are companies that require us to dispense their products by prescription only.
The following information must be on all ND and CCM prescription forms and must be legible.
- Patient’s name
- Patient’s date of birth
- Date prescribed
- Item to be prescribed
- Formula, if applicable, with precise measurements
- Sig: Clear directions for dosage and any other pertinent information
- Number of refills
- Provider’s name, both printed and signed.
If a product is prescription only (finished or compounded) and the patient runs out of refills, the product cannot be refilled without authorization from a provider. The NUNM Medicinary staff will not contact providers to request refills but will advise patients to contact their provider. The provider can then contact us to authorize the refill(s).
If the product prescribed is an over–the–counter product (not requiring a prescription), the product can be sold without a prescription. Our staff will suggest that the patient contact their provider to check if they should still be taking the product.
We offer a 15% discount to health care providers for most products in the Medicinary.