Regular STD testing and treatment can help protect you and your partner(s), and reduce the spread of STDs. It is important to have an honest and open talk with your healthcare provider and ask whether you should have a sexual health screening. Our healthcare providers offer counseling and screening options without judgement. Below is a brief overview of STD testing recommendations.
- All adults and adolescents should get full panel STD testing on an annual basis if they are sexually active or have new or multiple sex partners
- Chlamydia screening
- Gonorrhea screening
- Syphilis blood test
- HIV blood test
- Hepatitis B screening for all pregnant individuals
- Individuals who engage in higher risk sexual activity should consider sexual health screenings every 3-6 months
- Sexually active gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men (MSM)
- Sexually active individuals who have multiple or anonymous partners and individuals who do not use protective options such as condoms and/or PrEP
- Individuals that share injection drug equipment should get tested for HIV every 3-4 months
NUNM Health Centers offer low cost, discreet screenings, treatments and counseling for both patients and their partners.