NUNM Health Centers appreciate your patience as we adapt to changing needs during the COVID-19 pandemic. Your health is our priority.
NUNM Health Centers will continue to follow state and regional guidelines that prioritize the safety of our communities. During this time we understand that the need for care is imperative, so we have different care access options. NUNM Health Centers has in-person care for most services, and offers telephone and video visits with our Naturopathic Physicians and Chinese Medicine providers.
Requirements For Patients Seeking In-Person Care
Our Health Centers have made the following adjustments to operations in order to prioritize the safety of our community:
- All patients are required to wear a mask that properly covers their nose and mouth.
- All patients are required to answer a set of COVID-19 exposure and symptom screening questions, have their temperature taken, and sanitize their hands upon entering the Health Center.
- Providers, student interns, and staff are also required to wear personal protective equipment that protects themselves and the patients they serve.
- Providers and students who come in close contact with patients are required to wear face-shields or protective eyewear with a mask that covers their nose and mouth.
- All individuals within the health center are asked to practice social-distancing and remain a distance of six feet from each other when possible.
- Patients are asked to bring only essential support persons with them to their appointment. We kindly ask all non-essential friend and family members to remain at home.
Additional Safety Enhancements
- Appointment schedules have been adjusted to allow additional space for social-distancing.
- Enhanced cleaning of contact surfaces and treatment rooms takes place before and after each appointment.
- Additional hand sanitizing stations have been provided for convenience.
While we continue to offer COVID-19 testing for those meeting recommended testing criteria, at this time we are not offering antibody testing. We only are able offer PCR testing options at this time. COVID-19 tests are available to individuals, regardless of insurance coverage, at no cost. If insured, we will bill your carrier for services, but you will not be asked to pay a copay for the test or the associated appointment.
Patients are able to schedule an appointment for the COVID019 vaccine. Currently we are able to offer the two different vaccines. Vaccines are available to individuals, regardless of insurance coverage, at no cost. If insured, we will bill your carrier for services, but you will not be asked to pay a copay for the vaccine or the associated appointment.
- Food & Drug Administration (FDA) approved for the prevention of COVID-19 disease in individuals 16 years of age and older. The vaccine also continues to be available under emergency use authorization (EUA), including for individuals 12 through 15 years of age and for the administration of a third dose in certain immunocompromised individuals.
- Available under emergency use authorization (EUA), for use in individuals 18 years of age and older. The FDA amended the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine EUA to allow for an additional dose to be given to certain immunocompromised individuals.
We encourage all patients to consult their provider to determine which options are best for them. Our scheduling team can be reached at 503.552.1551, and can help connect you to care or find answers to your questions.