NUNM Health Centers will continue to follow state and regional guidelines that prioritize the safety of our communities. We understand that the need for care is imperative, and so we have different appointment options. NUNM Health Centers has in-person care for most services, and also offers telephone and video visits with our Naturopathic Physicians and Chinese Medicine providers.
For Patients Seeking In-Person Care
- All patients are required to answer a set of COVID-19 exposure and symptom screening questions, and sanitize their hands upon entering the Health Center.
- Beginning Monday, April 3, patients, visitors, and workers in healthcare settings will no longer be required by the Oregon Health Authority (OHA) to mask. This decision was made by OHA based on declining cases of COVID throughout the state.
- In accordance with OHA, NUNM is lifting its mask requirements effective April 3, 2023 in the clinic.
- If you would like your providers and students to mask during your visit, please let staff know when scheduling your appointment or when you arrive and we will be happy to do so.
- We also ask that if you are experiencing any COVID-like symptoms you schedule a telephone or virtual visit rather than an in-person appointment. If you are recovering from COVID, please let the scheduling team know and they can advise you on when you can return to in-person visits.
- All individuals within the health center are asked to practice social-distancing when possible.
Testing & Treatment Options
We continue to offer COVID-19 testing for patients who meet recommended testing criteria. At this time, we only offer PCR testing. NUNM does not provide any antibody or antigen testing. COVID-19 tests are available to individuals, regardless of insurance coverage, at no cost. If insured, we will bill your contracted carrier for services.
NUNM Health Centers is unable to offer monoclonal antibody treatment at this time. To find a service location with this treatment option, please use the information on OHA’s website.
NUNM offers both primary and booster series Covid-19 Vaccines for patients ages 6 months and older. We stock both Pfizer and Moderna.
We encourage all patients to schedule a consult with their provider to determine which options are best for them. Call our scheduling team at 503.552.1551 to connect to care and find answers to your questions.
NUNM does not offer the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
For More Information
NUNM is committed to protecting the health of our campus community against COVID-19. Students, staff, and faculty can learn more at COVID-19 Information – National University of Natural Medicine (nunm.edu)
– This page was last reviewed on 4/3/2023